Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions are Stupid.

   Happy 2012 everyone!  I suppose now would be an appropriate time for a progress report on my WW journey and the past year (well, past couple of months anyway).  All in all, the holidays were not a total bust.  Yes, there was a several pound gain over the past month, but I am still below where I started, so I'll consider it a win.  I even attended my meeting and weighed in yesterday, despite knowing that I had gained and that my weight record card would forever memorialize my holiday indulgences.  But by sharing with the group my trepidation about coming to the meeting, and my victory over it by actually attending, I got a sticker from my leader.  So it was clearly worth it.  Stickers are awesome.  Hell yes to the BRAVO sticker for Megan.

   I don't know what it is about the new year, but it always instills in me a strong feeling of having a "fresh start".  I am not really one to make New Year's resolutions, so I'm not going to make any this year either, but I really am excited about the proverbial "blank slate" that the new year seems to bring.  So with that fresh start in mind, I am beginning 2012 with renewed resolve and motivation.  I have been sorely lacking in the activity department since re-joining WW, so I am planning on slowly working more movement into my week.  Starting today.  I am allowing that evil-genius-tae-bo-ing-freak Billy Blanks into my house this afternoon to kick my butt.  Billy and I had a great relationship once of regular butt-kickings, but sadly I have not invited him over in quite a long time.  So here goes.  I'll be hurting tomorrow for sure.

   I am also going to be making crock-pot lasagna this week, which I am very excited about.  Actually I had kind of forgotten about it until I was reading some of my past posts and saw the entry I had written about it.  BRING ON THE CHEESE.  See?  This blog just justified its existence to me!!  I am also planning on trying more new things this year (I think I'll tackle eggplant next), and I will try to not neglect this blog as much as I have lately... 5 weeks is too long to go silent. 

   Stay tuned for my account of the tae-bo induced butt-kickings.  I am not a crazy person, and I don't enjoy crowds (in fact I become homicidally angry in crowds) so I will not be buying into the cheap gym-memberships on offer this time of year.  My theory about new year's resolutions is that they generally do not last beyond the third week of January, so the initial wave of resolutioners at the gyms will probably be 95% gone by the first week of February anyway.  At that point I might consider taking advantage of my health insurance's partial reimbursement for memberships as an added incentive to work-out.  But until then, my host of home work-out DVDs will suffice to get my kiester moving again.  Happy New Year!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment