Sunday, November 20, 2011

Brunch Experiments

  Today I had a good friend and her two boys (3 and 5) over for brunch.  What they didn't realize is that I was experimenting with them... testing out two new WW recipes.  Could I fool them into thinking that these were fully-leaded, traditional bad-for-you foods?  The game was on.

   I decided to make Bacon, Egg, and Cheddar Cups, along with Blueberry-Peach Yogurt Parfaits, then juice, milk, coffee and toast on the side.  Everything looked yummy and smelled yummy (at least to me), but what would my test subjects think??

   Here are a few pictures of my masterpieces:


 
   The parfaits turned out a little more... PURPLE than I expected, but I'm thinking that is due to the fact that I had to use canned peaches instead of fresh (because apparently you can't buy a peach in Minnesota in November.  Who knew?).  So I think the blueberries sort of had their way with the peaches in the saucepan, and succeeded in a hostile take-over.  Oh well.  It's not all about aesthetics.  Still looks pretty, just more in a purple-people-eater kind of way...



    And then the lovely egg cups.  I think these are adorable.  I actually went and bought these custard cups just for this recipe (they were less than $8 for four at Wal-Mart, so not a huge investment, but definitely huge rewards in terms of cuteness).  These have Canadian bacon, egg, cheddar cheese (reduced fat), sliced cherry tomatoes, and fat-free crushed Italian croutons on top.  I don't think brunch gets much cuter than this, folks.

    So how did the test subjects respond to such purple, cute, and tasty stimuli?

 Look at that smile!!


   A thumbs up!  I'd call this brunch experiment a success.  The test subjects responded positively to the experimental stimuli, and left the lab satisfied.

   Also, for an update on my progress, as of my meeting yesterday, I am down 7.8 pounds!  Yippee!!

1 comment: